Bolt Travel understands that providing information online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us when you visit our website or use our services. We are committed to protecting your privacy. We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to other companies, except to the provider of your selected accommodation, transfer service, trip or health and medical service.
Our website incorporates privacy controls which affect how we will process your personal data. By using the privacy controls, you can specify whether you would like to receive direct marketing communications and limit the publication of your information. The privacy controls can be executed by clicking particular web controls on the website, sending us a message on the Contact page or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can visit the website of Bolt Travel for free, without any commitment of revealing your identity or leaving any kind of your private information. In case that you decide to use our services, it’s necessary to leave us your personal data, so that we could complete your reservation and to lease requested service. Your personal data remains protected. We assure you that we are collecting only information that we need to complete our procedure of reservation for our service. In that process, we are using only information that we receive directly from you.
Before submitting your personal information to us, please read this Policy carefully to learn about our privacy practices. By visiting Bolt Travel’s website, https://bolt-travel.com, you are accepting the practices described herein.
How Bolt Travel Collects Information
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“Personal information”), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, username and password, and billing information (such as your credit card number, cardholder name, and card expiration date). We may also request information about your travel plans, style and preferences. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to register as a member; book travel; complete a traveller’s profile; participate in a survey, contest, or sweepstakes; ask us a question; or initiate other transactions on our site.
There are two general categories of personal information we collect.
1. Personal Information You Give to Us
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use Bolt Travel’s website. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services.
- Account Information. When you sign up for a Bolt Travel account, we require certain information such as your username and email address
- Profile and Listing Information. To use certain features of Bolt Travel’s website (such as booking or list a property), we may ask you to provide additional information, which may include your first and last name, address, phone number, and a profile picture.
- Identity Verification Information. If you are a guest, Bolt Travel may require you to show, in accordance with the mandatory law, your valid government identification (for instance government-issued ID card, passport or driver’s licence) on the arrival date of your reservation to the host or owner of the property, in order that the host or owner of the property can register you to the Croatian Tourist Board.
If you are a host, Bolt Travel may require identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driver’s license) or other authentication information, your date of birth, your address, email address, phone number and other information in order to verify your identity and to comply with applicable law.
- Payment Information. To use certain features of Bolt Travel’s website (such as booking or list a property), we may require you to provide certain financial information (like your bank account or email address of your PayPal account) in order to facilitate the processing of payments through Bolt Travel.
- Communications with Bolt Travel and other Members. When you communicate with Bolt Travel or use the Bolt Travel’s website to communicate with other users, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
You may choose to provide us with additional personal information in order to obtain a better user experience when using Bolt Travel’s website. This additional information will be processed based on your consent.
- Additional Profile Information. You may choose to provide additional information as part of your Bolt Travel profile (such as location, preferred language(s), city, a personal description and links to your social media accounts). Some of this information of your public profile page may be publicly visible to others.
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, update or add information to your Bolt Travel account, respond to surveys, post a comment, participate in promotions or use other features of the Bolt Travel’s website.
2. Personal Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of Bolt Travel’s Website
When you use Bolt Travel’s website, we automatically collect information, including personal information, about the services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of the Bolt Travel’s website.
- Geo-location Information. When you use certain features of Bolt Travel’s website, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu. Bolt Travel may also collect this information even when you are not using the app if this connection is enabled through your settings or device permissions.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the Bolt Travel’s website such as the pages or content you view, your searches for properties, bookings you have made and other actions on Bolt Travel’s website.
- Log Data and Device Information. We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use Bolt Travel’s website, even if you have not created a Bolt Travel Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used Bolt Travel’s website (including if you clicked on links to third-party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Bolt Travel’s website.
- Payment Transaction Information. Bolt Travel collects information related to your payment transactions through Bolt Travel’s website, including the payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing postcode, PayPal email address, IBAN information, your address and other related transaction details. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and Bolt Travel.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies
- To help us customize the content, experience, and advertisements provided to you on our websites and on other websites across the Internet. For example, when you access a web page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers should tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable most types of cookies. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the travel tools offered on our sites.
How Bolt Travel Uses Your Personal Information
Bolt Travel uses the information we collect about you for the following general purposes:
- for registration and to manage your Bolt Travel account, including to allow your access to and use of Bolt Travel’s site;
- to communicate with you in general, including to provide information about Bolt Travel and invitations from the Bolt Travel community;
- to enable us to publish your reviews, forum posts, and other content to the Bolt Travel community;
- to facilitate your booking of travel reservations;
- to respond to your questions and comments;
- to measure interest in and improve our products, services, and website;
- to notify you about special offers and products or services available from us or our partners that may be of interest to you;
- to otherwise customize your experience with Bolt Travel, including customizing the ads shown to you;
- to solicit information from you, including through surveys;
- to resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems;
- to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- to enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
If you have signed up as the owner or manager of a vacation rental or listed your vacation rental property in our Accommodation section, we will send you email messages at the email address you provide to us.
With Whom Bolt Travel Shares Your Personal Information
Where you have provided consent, we share your information, including personal information, as described at the time of consent, such as when you authorize a third-party application or website to access your Bolt Travel account or when you participate in promotional activities conducted by Bolt Travel partners or third parties.
Therefore, Bolt Travel may share your information with the following entities:
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, payment processing, customer service, marketing, public relations, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including, for example, as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Referring Websites. If you were referred to Bolt Travel from another website, we may share your registration information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and travel preferences, about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites’ use of personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you to Bolt Travel.
- Social Media Services. You can choose to access certain third party social media websites and services through our site (such as Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn). When you do so, you are sharing information with those sites, and the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies. You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third party social media websites.
We also may share your information if we believe, in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is necessary:
- To comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
If you choose to create a profile on Bolt Travel, certain information in your profile will be publicly viewable and identifiable via your screen name. You will have the ability to view your profile as members of the public will see it.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our website receives or the most popular hotels and vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How Bolt Travel Analyses Your Communications
We may review, scan, or analyse your communications on Bolt Travel’s website for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, we scan and analyse messages to mask contact information and references to other websites. In some cases, we may also scan, review, or analyse messages to debug, improve and expand product offerings. We use automated methods where reasonably possible. However, occasionally we may need to manually review some communications, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools. We will not review, scan, or analyse your communications to send third-party marketing messages to you and we will not sell reviews or analyses of these communications.
These activities are carried out based on Bolt Travel’s legitimate interest in ensuring compliance with applicable laws and our Terms and Conditions, preventing fraud, promoting safety and improving and ensuring the adequate performance of our services.
How Bolt Travel Uses Google Maps or Google Earth
How Bolt Travel Uses Security and Retention Measures to Protect Your Personal Information
Personal Information Security
We want you to feel confident about using Bolt Travel’s website to make travel arrangements and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information and they may only do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Personal Information Retention
Protecting Children’s Privacy
Bolt Travel is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 13 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section before Bolt Travel by sending an email to email@example.com. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
- Request access to your personal information This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of your personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new information you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to the processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information in the following scenarios:
- if you want us to establish the accuracy of the information;
- where our use of the information is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- where you need us to hold the information even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have objected to our use of your information but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request transfer of your personal information to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Right to withdraw consent where we are relying on consent to process your personal information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
How Can You Contact Us?
- Bolt Travel Ltd.
- Address: Put Vučipolja 29, Podstrana, 21312, Croatia
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +385989392296
Call Recording and Monitoring